Monday, February 23, 2009

LC in Chi-Town

Well, this weekend was a LONG LONG LONG weekend. I spent it at a Phi Sigma Sigma leadership retreat in Chicago. Most people would think, "Ooo a weekend in Chicago, how fun." Umm...no.
I had some fun hanging with my sisters and playing in the snow for the first time. We made snow angels and threw snow around. We could only stay outside for 5 minutes at a time, but we enjoyed what we could of it. Other than that, it was conference after conference those three days.
We had to learn how to improve on our leadership skills. It is important to learn, especially since we are all new at our positions. I learned a lot and met some really cool people.
We spent more than 12 hours each day in workshops and stuff. It was hard to stay awake. Especially since I was up at 8am Chicago time, but really 6am Cali time. That is not the business.
I hope I can share what I learned with the rest of my chapter and improve on my positions for the future.
Oh, and we had Chicago style pizza which is AMAZING!! I must learn to make.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment